- Full length enclosed cables
- Gaffer tape to protect chain stay
- Sugru to stop rubbing / vibrating cable
- Sometimes don't use provided cable routing eyelets on front to get more efficiently cable routing. Use cable ties instead.
- Brasso to decontaminate disc rotor with oil on it.
- Mountain bike -> put seat higher and saddle position forward to 'spin to win'
- Use a spirit level app to set saddle level when initially fitting
- Bolt through stripped crank thread on hollowtech style cranks and use a shim
- When fitting cleats cleat position at extremes and work your way back
- Wear a cycle cap under helmet to soak sweat
- Cut worn fingers off old gloves and use as road gloves
- If you want to set up a bike well, commute on it and make adjustments over time
- Clean chain with rag and lube every ride
- Get a pipe cleaner style brush to clean next to bottom bracket
- Clean and relube inside mini-pumps to prolong life