- Complete weight of 13.7kg (2-speed) or 14.4kg (6-speed)
- Dual pivot brakes
- Choice of 2 or 6-speed gears
- Selection of three seat posts depending on the height of the rider: standard, extended and telescopic
- 16" wheels
- Dual pivot brakes
- 20 Lux Busch & Müller LYT lights
- 1.5 litre bag included
- A standard 2A charger (4-5 hours to fully charge) or a 4A upgrade (2.5-3 hours to fully charge)
- 25-50 miles range when fully charged, depending on terrain
- 2-year warranty
- Small folded size: 23" high, 22.2" long and 10.6" wide
The original Brompton bike was created by Andrew Ritchie in London in 1975. The company is proud of their roots and still make their bicycles in London. They make only one model of bike, which is customised to the needs of the rider. The popularity of the Brompton is enormous – they sell bikes to 45 different countries and are the largest manufacturer of bikes in the UK.
Following the increase in British commuters choosing to cycle to work, Brompton are currently working in the United States, hoping to encourage more cycle to work schemes for businesses and individuals alike.
What They Say About The Brompton Electric Bike
The Brompton Electric is designed to change cities; it has smart features, a sleek design and is simple to use. The bike has 4 modes, ranging from no assistance (the bike rides smoothly without the battery) through to a high level of assistance, perfect if you want to arrive fresh to a meeting or are climbing a large hill.
How I Describe The Product
As someone who is relatively new to both electric and folding bikes, I found the Brompton Electric to be easy to fold and surprisingly powerful with a sturdy frame. It is definitely a great option for commuters.
- The small 16" wheels make the bike easy to manoeuvre, perfect for passing traffic
- Folds in less than a minute
- Includes a small bag that can be used to carry a tablet and work documents
- Quite weighty sitting at 13.7kg or 14.4kg, as the battery weighs 2.2kg
- Starting at £2,595, the Brompton is one of the more expensive folding electric bikes on the market